- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
"I know Michele is right on the issues that are important to conservatives across the country and I know she won't back off," Franks said in a statement. "I have seen her at work in Washington, standing firm on key issues like Obamacare, the debt ceiling and TARP."
Franks' support marks Bachmann's first public endorsement from one of her Congressional colleagues. Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) leads the Congressional endorsement tally with the support of 48 Members.
The Minnesota Congresswoman's campaign has struggled to stay competitive since she won the Ames straw poll in August. Public polling in the early presidential primary states shows Bachmann hovering in the single digits compared to her GOP rivals.