- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
The investigation has been a very stressful and time-consuming process for me and my staff. Hours were spent producing documents and preparing for interviews. However, the real cost has been to my personal political capital. The lack of confidentiality has led to all eight members involved in this inquiry having our reputations irreparably damaged by the viral press coverage, he added.
It was not immediately clear whether the OCE made a similar recommendation in its case involving Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.).
Aides to those lawmakers could not provide information about the OCEs recommendation Tuesday morning.