- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
The investigation has been a very stressful and time-consuming process for me and my staff. Hours were spent producing documents and preparing for interviews. However, the real cost has been to my personal political capital. The lack of confidentiality has led to all eight members involved in this inquiry having our reputations irreparably damaged by the viral press coverage, he added.
It was not immediately clear whether the OCE made a similar recommendation in its case involving Rep. Joe Crowley (D-N.Y.).
Aides to those lawmakers could not provide information about the OCEs recommendation Tuesday morning.