- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Reps. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.) and Lynn Woolsey (D-Calif.), the co-chairs of the Congressional Progressive Caucus, wrote to Pelosi requesting that the bill include a measure requiring companies to get shareholder approval for any political expenditures or at least allow a stand-alone vote on that proposal.We made a lot of progress this week, despite opposition by hundreds of special interests groups who are doing what they do best looking out for themselves, said Doug Thornell, spokesman for Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-Md.), who is taking the lead in crafting the bill. While we arent there yet, we will be soon. Reforming the way Washington works and taking on corporate greed is never easy.