- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Rep. Gary Miller said Thursday that if Los Angeles County boycotts the state of Arizona, the county board of supervisors should reimburse the federal government for funds the county receives for jailing illegal immigrants.The five-member board on Wednesday voted 3-2 in favor of a resolution to boycott Arizona because of its new immigration law that makes being in the country illegally a state offense.In a letter to the board, the California Republican indicated it would be hypocritical for Los Angeles County to keep the $15.4 million it receives for jailing people who have violated federal immigration laws. If Los Angeles County thinks the State of Arizona is wrong to simply enforce federal immigration laws, then the County should reimburse the millions of dollars it has received from the federal government for jailing illegal immigrants, Miller wrote. At least this would be consistent policy.