- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
On Wednesday, the president also met with influential Judiciary Committee Republican Sens. Kyl (Ariz.) and Orrin Hatch (Utah) to discuss the nomination process, among other topics. Hatch later urged the president to pick a consensus candidate.
It shouldnt be someone who substitutes their own personal views for the law of the land, and who refuses to follow the Constitution of the United States. A judicial activist would be a poor and unnecessarily divisive choice at any time, Hatch said in a statement.