- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
2. Under the present schedule, the PWG will make its recommendations by Dec. 1, and 60 days later, DOD can issue directions and instructions to each service on how to proceed with open service.3. An additional 60 days after that, each service can issue regulations.4. Therefore, DADT would not be repealed until 180 days after the bill is signed.5. And in early 2011, the committees can consider any additional recommendations from the Pentagon.Congress is on the brink of repealing this law. This is no time to stumble over an arbitrary timeline and who should be waiting for whom. What is needed is a game change and sensible language that brings the Pentagon and the White House together with leaders on Capitol Hill to repeal DADT this year. Surely neither the White House nor the Pentagon want this historical change to happen without their imprint and leadership. Anyone who doubts that Adm. Mullen wants to get repeal done right need only read his remarkable Feb. 2 testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee: I am troubled by the fact that we have in place a policy which forces young men and women to lie about who they are. ... It comes down to integrity theirs as individuals and ours as an institution.Aubrey Sarvis is the executive director for Servicemembers Legal Defense Network.