- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) acknowledged Friday he has been subpoenaed in the federal trial of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (D).
Durbin spokesman Joe Shoemaker said in a statement that the Illinois Senator received a subpoena April 16 issued by Blagojevichs defense attorneys.
Blagojevich, who is set to face trial June 3, faces federal charges over allegations he attempted to sell President Barack Obama's former Senate seat.
Given the former governors previous antics regarding this case, its no surprise he is casting a wide net apparently from the president down to dogcatcher, Shoemaker said.
We have accepted service of the subpoena and will cooperate with the court in any reasonable way. The matter has been referred to counsel, and our office will not be commenting further.