- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-N.Y.) spent another $58,000 on legal fees from his re-election coffers in the first months of 2010, according to his most recent campaign finance report.
The New York lawmaker, who faces an ethics committee investigation into his personal finances and other dealings, paid Washington, D.C., law firm Zuckerman Spaeder $40,000 and about $12,300 to attorney John Kern in March, according to his Federal Election Commission report.
Rangel also paid Oldaker, Belair & Wittie about $5,500 in the first quarter.
The legal bills add to the more than $1.5 million Rangel has spent on attorneys' fees since 2009.