- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) was hospitalized Monday for an irregular heartbeat, less than one week after the 65-year-old was treated for a bacterial infection.Isakson was admitted to Piedmont Hospital in Atlanta on Monday night after cardiologist Dr. Charles Brown III issued the latest diagnosis, according to a statement from the Senators office. A second doctor had originally detected the irregular heartbeat when he treated Isaksons bacterial infection last week. Doctors also found a blood clot in Isaksons right calf, which according to spokeswoman Joan Kirchner developed as a result of Isakson being sedentary for the past week while recovering from the bacterial infection.Isakson, currently serving in his first Senate term, is running for re-election this year.