- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
As Congress races to complete a jobs bill, the unemployment rate held steady at 9.7 percent in February, according to the latest numbers released by the Department of Labor on Friday. The number of jobs lost remained largely unchanged, with 36,000 non-farm positions cut in February. The report said the severe winter weather could have played a role in the stagnant numbers, but noted it is not possible to quantify precisely the net impact of the winter storms on these measures.