- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
What really went into this? And theres no question that an element of it was concern about the deficit and the rest.
To the extent the special election was a referendum on health care reform, Pelosi argued that voters in a state that already has near-universal coverage were concerned they would face new taxes on their plans under a provision the Senate bill.
That was not a positive message, she said. We dont have that in our House bill, so we dont have to defend that position.