- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
Similarly, Senate Majority Whip Dick Durbin (Ill.), who has been a major backer of the proposal to move detainees to his home state, praised the decision in a joint statement with Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn (D). This move will have a tremendously positive impact on the local economy creating more than 3,000 jobs and injecting more than $1 billion into the local economy. This is an opportunity to dramatically reduce unemployment, create thousands of good-paying jobs and breathe new economic life into this part of downstate Illinois, the two Democrats said.Jackie Kucinich contributed to this report.