- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Sen. Jim DeMint dropped his hold on a pair of executive branch nominees Thursday after receiving assurances from the Obama administration regarding the upcoming election in Honduras. The South Carolina Republican had been advocating that the White House recognize Honduras Nov. 29 election regardless of its outcome. Pleased with the administrations response after several weeks of negotiations, DeMint dropped his holds on the nominations of Arturo Valenzuela to be assistant secretary of State for Western Hemisphere affairs and Thomas Shannon to be U.S. ambassador to Brazil.Thanks to the Obama administrations welcome reversal, the new government sworn into office next January can expect the full support of the United States and I hope the entire international community, DeMint said in a statement.