- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) met with White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel late Wednesday to discuss how to get a health care reform bill through his chamber by years end, according to Democratic sources.
Reid, still waiting on the Congressional Budget Office to complete its analysis of the final Senate bill, has said he cannot guarantee that health care would pass the Senate this year. The House is poised to vote on its version of the overhaul Saturday night.
Reid continues to work his Conference for the 60 votes that he needs to begin debate on the health care reform measure. Last week he announced the outline of a bill that includes a public insurance option with an opt-out provision for the states.