- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) met with White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel late Wednesday to discuss how to get a health care reform bill through his chamber by years end, according to Democratic sources.Reid, still waiting on the Congressional Budget Office to complete its analysis of the final Senate bill, has said he cannot guarantee that health care would pass the Senate this year. The House is poised to vote on its version of the overhaul Saturday night.Reid continues to work his Conference for the 60 votes that he needs to begin debate on the health care reform measure. Last week he announced the outline of a bill that includes a public insurance option with an opt-out provision for the states.