- Rand Paul's 'Long Haul' Cut Short
- Bernie Sanders as GOP Tool: Their Plan to Use Him Against Democrats
- Can Rubio Follow Romneys Path to the Nomination?
- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
This source said the current plan is for the House to move the legislation first, but almost simultaneously with the Senate bill, sometime in early to mid-October. He noted, though, that the plan was tentative.
Emanuel continues his behind-the-scenes role in the White House effort, burning up phone lines to Senate offices and hideaways. In every meeting, some Senator says they just talked to Rahm, said one senior Senate Democratic aide.
Also leading the White House drive on Capitol Hill are Congressional liaison Phil Schiliro and White House health czar Nancy-Ann DeParle.