- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Congress has an unprecedented opportunity. The focus on our clean energy future is turning attention to the ocean as a solution to our energy challenges. Now is the time to pursue smarter strategies for managing the use of the ocean from a national perspective, with conservation as a core component. It is also time to reinvest in the ocean as we demand more from it. The ocean is a resource that can continue to produce what we need, but only if we preserve it. We are at a crossroads now is the time to make real changes to protect the ocean. Our children and their children depend on us to make the right decisions today. President Obama has already taken important steps we look forward to witnessing action that will result from his visionary words.Vikki Spruill is president and CEO of Ocean Conservancy.