- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
Congress has an unprecedented opportunity. The focus on our clean energy future is turning attention to the ocean as a solution to our energy challenges. Now is the time to pursue smarter strategies for managing the use of the ocean from a national perspective, with conservation as a core component. It is also time to reinvest in the ocean as we demand more from it. The ocean is a resource that can continue to produce what we need, but only if we preserve it. We are at a crossroads now is the time to make real changes to protect the ocean. Our children and their children depend on us to make the right decisions today. President Obama has already taken important steps we look forward to witnessing action that will result from his visionary words.Vikki Spruill is president and CEO of Ocean Conservancy.