- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
But Hoyer said they may wait until September as they try to merge bills from the Energy and Commerce, Ways and Means, and Education and Labor committees. That process may take some time, Hoyer said, perhaps through the August break.Ross had earlier reacted angrily to Waxmans suggestion of bypassing the committee.We are actually trying to save the bill, and we are trying to save our party, Ross said.And Rep. Charlie Melancon (D-La.), a Blue Dog co-chairman and Energy and Commerce member, said he had to walk out of the earlier meeting with Waxman to keep from blowing up at him.Ive been lied to, Melancon said. Ive not had legitimate negotiations. ... Theyve accused us of sabotaging health care. We are not. Our job as legislators are to try to perfect legislation. And this one needs a lot of perfecting.