- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) dropped his hold on the nomination of Rep. Ellen Tauscher (D-Calif.) for a top job at the State Department, clearing the way for her possible approval by weeks end.
Kyls hold on Tauschers nomination for undersecretary of State for arms control and international security was tied to his concerns over the Obama administrations ongoing negotiations with Russia on strategic arms reductions. Kyl charged the administration was not properly informing the Senate of the ongoing discussions, prompting him to block the nomination of Tauscher, whose State Department position would include jurisdiction over treaty negotiations.
The Foreign Relations Committee unanimously approved Tauscher, a seven-term House Member, for the State job last month.