- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Somewhere, Sen. Patrick Leahy is licking his chops.
The Vermont Democrat, an avid fan of home state ice cream company Ben & Jerrys, no doubt has today marked on his calendar (you know, along with investigate torture memos) as Free Cone Day.
The chain is giving away free scoops from noon until 8 p.m. at its locations nationwide for its 31st annual cone giveaway day.
And heres a somewhat-plausible cover story for Hill staffers who want to take a field trip to one of the nearby locations to take advantage of the offer: The do-gooder company is debuting a new flavor, Chocolate Macadamia, which features fair-trade vanilla and chocolate and sustainably harvested nuts.
Now thats a cause you can raise a cone to.
Cant get enough HOH? Get a midday dose of fun and gossip with HOHs One-Minute Recess, delivered to your inbox daily. Sign up here because everyone deserves more recess.