- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
All this is a bit of the traditional game, Howell said. The Pentagon proposes cuts, and inevitably Congress restores them.
In a sign of the give-and-take to come between Congress and the executive branch, the response from key Members of Congress with sway over the budget process was swift and deliberate following Gates announcement.
The buck stops with Congress, which has the critical constitutional responsibility to decide whether to support these proposals, said Rep. Ike Skelton (D-Mo.), chairman of the Armed Services Committee, a key stopping point for the budget in Congress.