- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Former Rep. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) visited with National Republican Senatorial Committee Chairman John Cornyn (Texas) in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday afternoon.The ex-Bush administration official was at NRSC headquarters this week presumably to discuss his Senate bid in Ohio. Portman announced last week that he was running to replace Sen. George Voinovich (R-Ohio), who announced his retirement on Jan. 12. Portman has already solidified support in Ohio and on Capitol Hill, including endorsements from House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) and other GOP Members in the delegation. Other than Portman, state Auditor Mary Taylor (R) is also looking at running for the seat. Among Democrats, Lt. Gov. Lee Fisher and Reps. Tim Ryan and Zack Space are mentioned as possible candidates.