- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Missouri Rep. Jo Ann Emerson (R) will not run for Senate in 2010, her office confirmed Friday morning. Sen. Kit Bond (R-Mo.) announced Thursday that he is retiring from the Senate after four terms.
Emerson spokesman Jeffrey Connor said the Congresswoman was content to stay in the House with her new post as the ranking member on the Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government.
Rep. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) and State Treasurer Sarah Steelman (R) are said to be interested in running for the seat, while former Sen. Jim Talent (R-Mo.), Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.) and Lt. Gov. Pete Kinder (R) are also believed to be considering a bid.
Democrats will likely look to Missouri Secretary of State Robin Carnahan (D) as their standard-bearer in 2010.