- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) expressed guarded optimism that the Senate could vote tonight on a series of plans to bailout the troubled auto industry including a potential compromise based on a Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) proposal.If theyre able to work that out, the bill will overwhelmingly pass the Senate, Reid said of the Corker-inspired plan.He described negotiations as continuing in good faith and said there is a possibility, maybe even a probability that the Senate would vote this evening.If this thing falls apart, then we would be left with having a cloture vote, or vote to limit debate, on Friday, Reid said.He said he hoped to have a potential agreement on votes within the hour and expected the Corker compromise language to be completed within minutes of his 5:20 p.m. floor speech.