- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Former Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle (D-S.D.) has been offered the job of Health and Human Services secretary by President-elect Barack Obama and has accepted the job, according to a Democratic source close to Daschle.
Daschle, who served in the Senate until he lost his re-election bid in 2004, also is set to take on the position of health care czar in the Obama White House, ensuring that he does not get bigfooted on matters relating to health care policy, according to this source.
Daschle was a close adviser to Obama throughout the Illinois Democrats presidential campaign, and has been outspoken about his desire to enact a government-funded health care insurance program to help cover the approximately 40 million Americans who do not have coverage.