- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty tonight extolled Republican presidential nominee John McCain, showing no evidence of bitterness over McCains decision to tap Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate. Pawlenty was a finalist for the job, with some reports saying he was the final runner-up.
Pawlenty, in brief remarks at the convention, called McCain the very best our country has to offer a tough and compassionate man who is admired by the troops. Ive gotten to know John, and I can tell you he is a Purple Heart recipient with a heart of gold, Pawlenty said.
Pawlenty also offered himself as a surrogate for attacking Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois. In this time, we dont need a president who can just read a poll or momentarily thrill a crowd, Pawlenty said.