- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
The Joint Committee on Taxation estimates it would raise money in the short-term but prove costly in the long-term. The House aide called that “a nonstarter in the House.”
The Department of Transportation expects the Highway Trust Fund to drop below a sustainable level toward the end of July. That would prevent the federal government from reimbursing states for construction projects that are already underway.
Transportation committees in both chambers are working on long-term plans to keep highway and transit construction programs afloat for the long term but both sides have acknowledged that a short-term patch will be necessary to prevent the trust fund from drying up this summer.