- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords carried out her first constituent event Thursday since being since being shot in January.
The Arizona Democrat helped serve a traditional Thanksgiving dinner to active and retired military personnel at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in her hometown of Tucson, according to a statement from her office. Her husband, retired astronaut Mark Kelly, joined her.
Officials originally asked members of the Congresswoman’s staff to attend the event, but Giffords decided she wanted to participate herself, according to the statement.
Giffords is back in Tucson this weekend for just the third time since being shot in the head at a constituent event there in January. She is receiving outpatient treatment in Houston.