- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
However, the president himself advocated breaking his larger jobs bill into separate bills after the Senate blocked the package this month. Besides a Senate vote on a GOP-offered repeal of the withholding mandate, the Senate voted on a proposal to provide $35 billion to keep teachers and first responders from being laid off. Both items failed on procedural votes.
Daniel Newhauser contributed to this report.