- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
However, the president himself advocated breaking his larger jobs bill into separate bills after the Senate blocked the package this month. Besides a Senate vote on a GOP-offered repeal of the withholding mandate, the Senate voted on a proposal to provide $35 billion to keep teachers and first responders from being laid off. Both items failed on procedural votes.
Daniel Newhauser contributed to this report.