- Manchin is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) says he will make a statement Friday about retiring Wisconsin Sen. Herb Kohl’s (D) seat.
Minutes after news of Kohl’s retirement broke, the House Budget Chairman told reporters waiting outside the House floor, “We’re going to put a statement out today.”
“We didn’t see it coming,” Ryan continued. “Right now, this is Herb Kohl’s day and we should thank Herb for his service, and I just want to stick with that.”
Ryan has been frequently mentioned as a possible statewide candidate for Republicans, but his prominent chairmanship may make the idea of becoming a freshman Senator less appealing.