- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) says he will make a statement Friday about retiring Wisconsin Sen. Herb Kohl’s (D) seat.
Minutes after news of Kohl’s retirement broke, the House Budget Chairman told reporters waiting outside the House floor, “We’re going to put a statement out today.”
“We didn’t see it coming,” Ryan continued. “Right now, this is Herb Kohl’s day and we should thank Herb for his service, and I just want to stick with that.”
Ryan has been frequently mentioned as a possible statewide candidate for Republicans, but his prominent chairmanship may make the idea of becoming a freshman Senator less appealing.