- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
President Barack Obama announced in February that the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as between a man and a woman, is unconstitutional and instructed the Justice Department not to defend the law in pending court cases throughout the country.
Boehner and other House Republicans criticized Obama’s actions and vowed to defend the law through other channels. In March, GOP leaders adopted a resolution to intervene in pending cases, prompting Pelosi to question how much it would cost the House to defend the 1996 law in court.