- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
President Barack Obama announced in February that the Defense of Marriage Act, which defines marriage as between a man and a woman, is unconstitutional and instructed the Justice Department not to defend the law in pending court cases throughout the country.
Boehner and other House Republicans criticized Obama’s actions and vowed to defend the law through other channels. In March, GOP leaders adopted a resolution to intervene in pending cases, prompting Pelosi to question how much it would cost the House to defend the 1996 law in court.