- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
HOH is shocked — shocked! — to learn that adult beverages were consumed in the Capitol this weekend. As lawmakers engaged in will-they-or-won’t-they talks to head off a government shutdown, at least some of the work was fueled by a classic combination: pizza and cheap beer.
Gawker.com has the photographic evidence that (gasp!) empty cases of Miller Light and Bud Light and a box from nearby We, the Pizza were found outside the office of Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.). Their headline: “Republican Negotiating Strategy Revealed.”
Graves spokesman Jason Klindt was peeved by the picture — not because staffers would dare down a brew at the office, but rather that any Graves’ staffer would drink inferior beer from Wisconsin.
“I’m shocked by that photo,” Klindt tells HOH. “No self-respecting Missourian should ever drink Miller Lite.”