- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
President Barack Obama is holding a hastily called meeting Friday with Congressional leaders to discuss Libya.
Obama is expected to use the 12:30 p.m. briefing, which is taking place in the Situation Room, to update Hill leaders on what military steps the United States and its allies will be taking to deal with the violent unrest in Libya. He will make a public statement on the matter at 2 p.m.
The president called the bipartisan, bicameral meeting Friday morning, which gave lawmakers little time to prepare. Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), who is back in his district, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) are among those who will join the briefing by telephone.