- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
California Democrat Marcy Winograd will speak at a rally in Los Angeles on Saturday to commemorate the eighth anniversary of the start to the war in Iraq.
The anti-war activist and high school teacher, who is running in the 36th district special election, will speak at the afternoon rally at the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street. Winograd announced her plans on Twitter.
Winograd is running for the seat of former Rep. Jane Harman (D), whom she challenged in the primary last year. In the May 17 all-party primary, Winograd is up against Los Angeles City Councilwoman Janice Hahn (D) and California Secretary of State Debra Bowen (D), among others.
If no one wins more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two finishers regardless of party advance to the July 12 general election.