- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
California Democrat Marcy Winograd will speak at a rally in Los Angeles on Saturday to commemorate the eighth anniversary of the start to the war in Iraq.
The anti-war activist and high school teacher, who is running in the 36th district special election, will speak at the afternoon rally at the corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street. Winograd announced her plans on Twitter.
Winograd is running for the seat of former Rep. Jane Harman (D), whom she challenged in the primary last year. In the May 17 all-party primary, Winograd is up against Los Angeles City Councilwoman Janice Hahn (D) and California Secretary of State Debra Bowen (D), among others.
If no one wins more than 50 percent of the vote, the top two finishers regardless of party advance to the July 12 general election.