- Senate Strikes Deal on Trafficking Bill, Loretta Lynch
- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
“I am outraged that a congressional committee with a full agenda would make a detour to investigate a purely local matter. There is no congressional issue at stake in a probe of local matter,” Norton said in the statement. “A congressional investigation would take the new House Republican majority’s obsession with invading the District’s home rule to a new low.”
Norton said she wants to meet with Issa to ask him to reconsider.