- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
Sen. Kay Hagan wasted no time getting into the spirit of the NCAA tournament.
The North Carolina Democrat has been tweeting her support for the University of North Carolina men’s basketball team all week, and on Wednesday night she met with the players. Hagan spent time with the UNC Asheville Bulldogs and coach Eddie Biedenback at Clyde’s in Chinatown.
She congratulated the team on its overtime victory over the University of Arkansas at Little Rock Trojans on Tuesday. In fact, Hagan won a friendly wager with Arkansas Sens. Mark Pryor (D) and John Boozman (R) as a result of the win. The pair are scheduled to deliver barbecue from North Carolina to Hagan’s office Thursday.