- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Rep. Dean Heller’s nascent Senate campaign has scheduled a March 28 fundraiser at an upscale Las Vegas restaurant that features a host committee of prominent Nevada Republican donors and the individual who served as Sen. John Ensign’s executive director at the National Republican Senatorial Committee.
Scott Bensing, executive director of the NRSC during the 2008 election cycle and now based in Reno, joins a host committee of 28 that includes former Gov. Bob List, wealthy casino mogul Sheldon Adelson, casino executives Scott Nielson and Anthony Marnell, and wealthy conservative donors Bill Brady and Monte Miller.
Heller, who announced his Senate bid Tuesday, is running for the seat being vacated by Ensign, who is retiring. The fundraiser is asking for a donations ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
Roll Call Politics rates this race a Tossup.