- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Rep. Dean Heller’s nascent Senate campaign has scheduled a March 28 fundraiser at an upscale Las Vegas restaurant that features a host committee of prominent Nevada Republican donors and the individual who served as Sen. John Ensign’s executive director at the National Republican Senatorial Committee.
Scott Bensing, executive director of the NRSC during the 2008 election cycle and now based in Reno, joins a host committee of 28 that includes former Gov. Bob List, wealthy casino mogul Sheldon Adelson, casino executives Scott Nielson and Anthony Marnell, and wealthy conservative donors Bill Brady and Monte Miller.
Heller, who announced his Senate bid Tuesday, is running for the seat being vacated by Ensign, who is retiring. The fundraiser is asking for a donations ranging from $1,000 to $5,000.
Roll Call Politics rates this race a Tossup.