- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
Del. Donna Christensen is expected to replace former Rep. Jane Harman (D-Calif.) on the Energy and Commerce Committee.
The House is expected to vote Tuesday evening on the Virgin Islands Democrat’s appointment to the committee, according to Monique Watson, Christensen’s spokeswoman. The Democratic Caucus had already voted for Christensen to assume the position after Harman retired from Congress in late February, Watson said.
Christensen resigned from her posts on the Homeland Security and National Resources committees, which the House accepted Tuesday without objection, because Democratic leadership would not grant a waiver.
She was a member of the Energy and Commerce Committee during the 111th Congress but lost her seat when Democrats’ numbers were reduced on the panel following their midterm election losses.