- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
The Nevada Republican, who has been embattled since revealing he had an affair with the wife of a former aide, was facing a possible primary challenge from Rep. Dean Heller (R). Heller is now expected to run for the open Senate seat.
Ensign was facing growing pressure to exit the Senate race, and he has mounting legal bills related to his admission of the extramarital affair. He is the eighth Senator and third Republican to announce retirement this Congress. To see who else is leaving, check out our Casualty List.
Roll Call Politics currently rates the Nevada Senate race as a Tossup.