- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
The Senate Rules and Administration Committee, which Schumer chairs, is charged with selecting and paying for the attorney to represent Watkins and Manning.
According to the Senate’s website, the chief employment counsel is tasked with providing “legal advice to, and represent[ing], Senate offices in employment law matters and lawsuits under the Congressional Accountability Act, which brings the Senate under eleven federal laws regulating the employer-employee relationship.”
Aides to neither Reid nor Schumer returned phone calls Friday inquiring about the subpoenas.