- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
A Texan will serve as the Republican National Committee’s next general counsel, Chairman Reince Priebus announced Thursday.
Texas National Committeeman Bill Crocker will take over the position Priebus held while Michael Steele was RNC chairman. Crocker has been the RNC committeeman for Texas since 2004.
“I am thrilled to have someone on board with not only the legal and political expertise that Bill possesses, but also someone who is an expert on the nuts and bolts of this committee,” Priebus said in a statement. “His long service in Republican politics and experience at the grassroots level makes him an ideal choice as we continue to grow our Party.”
Crocker endorsed former Michigan GOP Chairman Saul Anuzis for RNC chairman in December, but Priebus included Crocker on his transition team after he was elected RNC chairman in January.