- Senate Strikes Deal on Trafficking Bill, Loretta Lynch
- Candidates Look to Make Family Legacies in Congress
- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
Being a freshman in Congress isn’t easy. In addition to learning the rules, making new friends and trying to keep constituents happy, the new class has to figure out how to navigate the ever-confusing Capitol complex.
A spy tells us that Sen. John Boozman got lost Tuesday on his way to the weekly Republican policy lunch. The Arkansas Republican took a wrong turn and wound up walking into the Democrats’ meeting.
“Sen. Boozman heard a rumor that Chick-Fil-A was being served,” Communications Director Sara Lasure jokes.
While attending the wrong meeting may be embarrassing, Boozman isn’t alone in his confusion. Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-N.Y.), who is a veteran of the Hill, walked into a Republican meeting in the House earlier this year.