- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Get your autograph books out. More than a dozen sports celebrities are expected to be on Capitol Hill on Wednesday.
The athletes will be meeting with lawmakers to promote — what else? — physical fitness and healthy lifestyles. Baseball Hall of Fame shortstop Ozzie Smith, Wimbledon champion Stan Smith and football legend Herschel Walker will be in town, along with several other big names.
The group will be lobbying in support of two bills increasing access to and awareness of physical fitness.