- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Rep. Patrick McHenry took to Twitter on Friday morning to honor the legacy of the late NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Sr., who died 10 years ago Friday after a last-lap crash at the Daytona 500.
The North Carolina Republican changed his Twitter icon to Earnhardt’s famous No. 3 and posted a message simply reading, “RIP Dale” and “#3.” He also linked to a special web page on NASCAR’s website honoring the Hall of Fame driver.
McHenry’s district in the Tar Heel State is home to several NASCAR facilities, and the Congressman is a big fan of the sport.
Not surprisingly, he spoke out against a controversial legislative effort by Rep. Betty McCollum to end the military’s NASCAR sponsorships; the Minnesota Democrat’s plan was defeated on the House floor Thursday night.