- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Rep. Patrick McHenry took to Twitter on Friday morning to honor the legacy of the late NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Sr., who died 10 years ago Friday after a last-lap crash at the Daytona 500.
The North Carolina Republican changed his Twitter icon to Earnhardt’s famous No. 3 and posted a message simply reading, “RIP Dale” and “#3.” He also linked to a special web page on NASCAR’s website honoring the Hall of Fame driver.
McHenry’s district in the Tar Heel State is home to several NASCAR facilities, and the Congressman is a big fan of the sport.
Not surprisingly, he spoke out against a controversial legislative effort by Rep. Betty McCollum to end the military’s NASCAR sponsorships; the Minnesota Democrat’s plan was defeated on the House floor Thursday night.