- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
Los Angeles City Councilwoman Janice Hahn, running in the California Congressional special election, will announce today the endorsements of three Democratic Members of Congress from the LA area: Reps. Karen Bass, Lucille Roybal-Allard and Xavier Becerra.
This is the Hahn campaign’s latest rollout of support from big-name California Democrats and follows endorsements from Sen. Dianne Feinstein, LA Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and state Assembly Speaker John Pérez.
Hahn and California Secretary of State Debra Bowen are so far the only two announced candidates in the race to replace retiring Rep. Jane Harman (D), who will officially vacate her LA-area district on Feb. 28.
They will face off in an April all-party primary. The top two finishers, which in this Democratic-leaning district could be both Hahn and Bowen, will then compete in what is expected to be a June special election.