- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine expects to speak with President Barack Obama this week about entering the race to succeed Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.), Kaine told the Richmond Times-Dispatch on Tuesday.
Webb announced last week that he would not run for re-election in 2012. Kaine, a former Virginia governor, had previously said that he was committed to helping Obama win re-election and would not run for the Senate if Webb retired.
But Kaine told the newspaper Tuesday that he was “flattered” by the support he has received about running. He said further discussions are in order before he makes up his mind.