- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine expects to speak with President Barack Obama this week about entering the race to succeed Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.), Kaine told the Richmond Times-Dispatch on Tuesday.
Webb announced last week that he would not run for re-election in 2012. Kaine, a former Virginia governor, had previously said that he was committed to helping Obama win re-election and would not run for the Senate if Webb retired.
But Kaine told the newspaper Tuesday that he was “flattered” by the support he has received about running. He said further discussions are in order before he makes up his mind.