- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
One of the stars of the television show “House” is entering the political arena by appearing in a new MoveOn.org ad criticizing recent Republican efforts to limit abortion.
Actress Lisa Edelstein stars in the 30-second spot, which is scheduled to air for a week on national cable networks, including Oxygen. In the ad, Edelstein is pictured from behind, dressed in 1950s-era clothing, as she walks down a hallway toward a closet door. As she opens a door, a single wire hanger is seen. “Why is the GOP trying to send women back to the back alley?” Edelstein says.
MoveOn is targeting Republicans after they introduced legislation designed to limit abortion. “I hope that women across America tell Congress that these bills are an attack on women’s health and that they are unacceptable,” Edelstein says in a statement.