- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
One of the stars of the television show “House” is entering the political arena by appearing in a new MoveOn.org ad criticizing recent Republican efforts to limit abortion.
Actress Lisa Edelstein stars in the 30-second spot, which is scheduled to air for a week on national cable networks, including Oxygen. In the ad, Edelstein is pictured from behind, dressed in 1950s-era clothing, as she walks down a hallway toward a closet door. As she opens a door, a single wire hanger is seen. “Why is the GOP trying to send women back to the back alley?” Edelstein says.
MoveOn is targeting Republicans after they introduced legislation designed to limit abortion. “I hope that women across America tell Congress that these bills are an attack on women’s health and that they are unacceptable,” Edelstein says in a statement.