- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
There’s a lot of love in politics these days — and we aren’t just talking about ex-Rep. Chris Lee’s (R-N.Y.) efforts on Craigslist. The Republican National Committee is out with a set of politically themed Valentine’s Day cards featuring its Democratic opponents spreading a few tongue-in-cheek political messages.
The digital cards can be e-mailed between valentines via gopvalentine.com. Our favorites include a card featuring Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) with the message, “Valentine’s Day alone is the PITS”; another with Vice President Joseph Biden happily announcing, “Happy Valentine’s Day, it’s a big deal”; and one with the “Rent Is Too Damn High” party member Jimmy McMillan, who says, “I’d mail you this Valentine, but the postage is TOO DAMN HIGH.”